The holiday shopping season is in full swing! This time of the year is critical for small businesses to achieve their year-end goals, and shopping small has a big impact on small businesses:
- For every dollar spent at a small business, American Express estimates an average of $0.67 stays in that business’s local community.
- Local businesses create good jobs. The Small Business Administration reports that local businesses have added 8 million jobs to the American economy since 1990 while the expansion of large chains reduced jobs by 4 million.
- According to a NerdWallet survey, 30% of Americans said they are willing to pay more at small businesses, and 30% are willing to wait longer at small businesses versus major retailers or chain stores.
- According to data from the MetLife and U.S. Chamber Small Business Index, 70% of small business owners have encouraged their own employees to shop at other small businesses in the community.
- More than 9 in 10 (93%) shoppers said that supporting small businesses is more important than ever because of the pandemic, according to a recent QuickBooks survey.
Many people are looking for small businesses to support but don’t know where to go to find them. Accessity has made it easy to search for neighborhood small businesses through our newly launched small business marketplace, which offers 120+ small businesses that have gotten financing through our loan program. From the garden lover to the wine enthusiast, there is something for everyone from an Accessity-funded business:
Visit the Accessity marketplace to easily find businesses to patronize and locally owned through the marketplace. You can even filter businesses by type and business identification, such as Black- or Latinx-owned.
Other partners of Accessity have launched their own shop small marketplaces. Support them here: